What classes do you teach? Not just at Group Fitness
Indoor cycling, total body conditioning, box fit, meta fit, boxercise, circuit training, HIIT, core and balance, 20 20 20.
What year did you begin in the fitness industry and why?
2005…..change of career.
What are your qualifications?
- Level 3 Personal Trainer & Advanced Instructor
- Level 3 IFI award in programming with disabled people.
- CYQ Level 2 Supervising exercise with disabled people.
- Wright Foundation Referral programme consultant qualification
- University of Derby NEBS Management Diploma.
- Level 2 instructing health related exercise for children.
- Level 3 certificate in Leisure leadership & management skills.
- E-learning CPD module in psychology in behaviour change.
- Level 3 in Applied nutrition & weight management.
- Trained in circuits, torso training and core stability, boxercise, vipr, Dynamax ball, metafit.
- Jog Derbyshire leader.
- Level 2 award in aquatic fitness.
What advice do you have for those at a beginner fitness level?
Believe in yourself…..enjoy what you do…..learn off others….always update skills and keep yourself with current fitness trends.
In your opinion, what are the benefits of regular exercise?
To help you succeed in daily tasks/living….and to help you be the best that you can be. As well as many health benefits & mental well being.
What do you do for fun?
Running various race distances…..socialising with friends and family. Love most sports. Travelling. Listening to music and gigs…follow DCFC.
What type and style of music do you use in your classes?
Extremely varied….all styles and types.
How do you get the best out people in fitness?
Always engage the client/class….always be motivating in everything I do. Listen to the individual/groups needs and prepare and adapt where necessary. Everyone is an individual and have different needs / goals. Be confident and most of all…Smile !!!
Is nutrition important to you?
Yes – to enable me to fulfil a very busy lifestyle.
What experience do you have and where?
Gym instructor 5 years, gym team leader 2 years, personal trainer since 2008.
Instructor at various places as far afield as Buxton.
Part of a team that won the * Spark of Innovation * award at the National Fitness Industry awards.
Do you prefer cardiovascular, HIIT or resistance training and why?
Haven’t got a preference…..all training methods are required by myself to fulfil the classes I teach and for the running I do myself.
Do you do personal one to one training and if so what would a typical session consist of?
Yes. I have been teaching 1 to 1 and small group sessions since 2008…there isn’t a typical session as each one is specific to the individual and their needs and goals.